"I started leading worship when I was 12 years old, and by the time I was 14 I knew that I wanted to do that for as long as God would allow."
I lived in Corpus Christi, Texas my whole life and felt God calling me to a new place, and deeper into knowing Him.
I recently took part in the summer internship program at Shoreline and I learned so much about myself and my own gift, but more importantly about God himself. I know the internship was just a glimpse of what God is going to do in me, and through me, while I’m at Shoreline.
My passion is seeing people embrace the freedom that Jesus offers them through worshipping Him.
While being at Shoreline, I’ve been able to further experience that freedom for myself, and I’m so excited to have this opportunity as a full-time resident to help bring other people into the joy of freedom with me.
Being a part of the residency program would be a dream come true for me, knowing that I’ll get full-time, hands-on experience in a church that I love and trust. To be surrounded by a staff that wants to pour into me, help me grow in my skills, and bring me closer to God would be an honor.
+ Once you're set up, click on REFERENCE, choose the RESIDENT's Name for your one time or reoccurring gift.
Sydney's Residency goalS
To continue grow in biblical knowledge and study
To learn how to build and equip a culture of authentic community within the Church
To explore what vocational ministry could look like for me
To get training in vocal, team leadership, and production
WHAT IS A RESIDENCY?
THE SHORELINE MUSIC RESIDENCY IS A ONE YEAR, SUPPORT RAISED PROGRAM FOR WORSHIP LEADERS WHO WANT TO GROW IN BOTH THE SPIRITUAL AND PRACTICAL IMPLICATIONS OF THEIR MINISTRY.
This program provides leadership experience and pastoral growth as well as musical, theological and character development. In addition to being a part of our team, residents get hands on experience advancing their craft, leading teams, rubbing shoulders with high-capacity leadership, and are paired with a Shoreline Music worship leader in a mentor-type relationship that helps foster personalized growth throughout the year.
How long is the residency
- Shoreline Music Residency last 12 full months.
What happens post-residency
- After the Resident completes their full 12 months with Shoreline Music, they are packaged with a lengthy resume and portfolio to catapult them into their next season of life. Select Residents will be reviewed for hire if the position and opportunity arises.
Can I mail in a check to support the resident?
- Yes! Please make checks out to "Shoreline Church" and put your resident's name in the Memo (ie. Sydney George- Shoreline Resident)
IS MY DONATION TAX DEDUCTIBLE?
- YES! All donations and monthly contributions are tax deductible. You will receive a form summary of your giving, from our Accounting Dept at the end of the year.
CAN I GET UPDATES ON MY RESIDENT DURING THEIR YEAR?
- Yes! when you donate, you will be given the option to sign up for monthly updates.
Have another question not answered here?
- Send a quick email to firstname.lastname@example.org