"Growing up small town Michigan, my family church hopped trying to find a home church. after college, God's priority in my life began to slip and after two years and two jobs, I was devastated."
I had to move back to Michigan to my parents were they started to minister and encourage me to not give up. With that and working with my dad for a while I made the big move down to Austin, Texas. Austin has always been on my heart since I started college and never knew why. I found out a few months into living here.
Shoreline was the second place I looked at while looking for a new home church. I walked through the doors and was greeted several times as if they knew me. Walked into a moving, spirit filled worship. Sat down for a spirit led message that I easily related to my life. I wanted to know more about the church so I signed up to serve and was taken up on it quickly.
After a month serving that's when God showed me: I'd made myself my provider in Florida and God let me lose that job. To get ministered to in Michigan. To take that big step of Faith to a city I had no contacts with. To find a church by myself. And to get new jobs to be able to live in the place I always wanted to go.
Without that job loss, I would be still in Florida living the God second life.
With God leading the way for me I found not just a church, but a spiritual family. And I feel greater things are in store with what's coming up with this residency.
+ Once you're set up, click on REFERENCE, choose the RESIDENT's Name for your one time or reoccurring gift.
Ryan's Residency goalS
To continue grow in biblical knowledge and study
To grow in the ability to teach the Bible
To develop my video editing and capturing skills in the context of projects and production
To apply my craft to a mission bigger than profit: the Church
WHAT IS A RESIDENCY?
THE SHORELINE MUSIC RESIDENCY IS A ONE YEAR, SUPPORT RAISED PROGRAM FOR WORSHIP LEADERS WHO WANT TO GROW IN BOTH THE SPIRITUAL AND PRACTICAL IMPLICATIONS OF THEIR MINISTRY.
This program provides leadership experience and pastoral growth as well as musical, theological and character development. In addition to being a part of our team, residents get hands on experience advancing their craft, leading teams, rubbing shoulders with high-capacity leadership, and are paired with a Shoreline Music worship leader in a mentor-type relationship that helps foster personalized growth throughout the year.
How long is the residency
- Shoreline Music Residency last 12 full months.
What happens post-residency
- After the Resident completes their full 12 months with Shoreline Music, they are packaged with a lengthy resume and portfolio to catapult them into their next season of life. Select Residents will be reviewed for hire if the position and opportunity arises.
Can I mail in a check to support the resident?
- Yes! Please make checks out to "Shoreline Church" and put your resident's name in the Memo (ie. Sydney George- Shoreline Resident)
IS MY DONATION TAX DEDUCTIBLE?
- YES! All donations and monthly contributions are tax deductible. You will receive a form summary of your giving, from our Accounting Dept at the end of the year.
CAN I GET UPDATES ON MY RESIDENT DURING THEIR YEAR?
- Yes! when you donate, you will be given the option to sign up for monthly updates.
Have another question not answered here?
- Send a quick email to firstname.lastname@example.org