“I was told as a child, once I allow God to lead, everything else will follow and I did not understand, until now."
My family and I relocated to Austin TX during Hurricane Katrina in 2005. During that transition, my aunt was a part of the Shoreline family and Shoreline provided both meals and clothing to my family. Because of the connection and heart, we ended up being apart of Shoreline for two years.
Twelve years later, on a November day in 2017, God led me back to Shoreline and I have been a part ever since. I found myself wanting to serve God’s people and wanting to learn more so I can teach more. I started praying and asking God how I can get more involved and become a contribution to His kingdom, and He began to shed light on the Residency.
The residency program is designed to nurture the development of current and future leaders to serve the people of God not just on Sunday mornings, but every day.
Intensive biblical, discipleship, and mentorship training is implemented in the program as well.
Thank you for contributing to helping build God’s Kingdom in a miraculous way.
+ Once you're set up, click on YOUR GIVING, choose Shoreline Music Residency Program & the RESIDENT's Name for your one time or reoccurring gift.
Myia's Residency goalS
To learn how to operate in the daily demands of vocational ministry
To enhance knowledge of Biblical studies and teachings
To enhance vocal strategies and learn other areas of creative ministry including sound, lighting, and producing
WHAT IS A RESIDENCY?
THE SHORELINE MUSIC RESIDENCY IS A ONE YEAR, SUPPORT RAISED PROGRAM FOR WORSHIP LEADERS WHO WANT TO GROW IN BOTH THE SPIRITUAL AND PRACTICAL IMPLICATIONS OF THEIR MINISTRY.
This program provides leadership experience and pastoral growth as well as musical, theological and character development. In addition to being a part of our team, residents get hands on experience advancing their craft, leading teams, rubbing shoulders with high-capacity leadership, and are paired with a Shoreline Music worship leader in a mentor-type relationship that helps foster personalized growth throughout the year.
How long is the residency
- Shoreline Music Residency last 12 full months.
What happens post-residency
- After the Resident completes their full 12 months with Shoreline Music, they are packaged with a lengthy resume and portfolio to catapult them into their next season of life. Select Residents will be reviewed for hire if the position and opportunity arises.
Can I mail in a check to support the resident?
- Yes! Please make checks out to "Shoreline Church" and put your resident's name in the Memo (ie. Sydney George- Shoreline Resident)
IS MY DONATION TAX DEDUCTIBLE?
- YES! All donations and monthly contributions are tax deductible. You will receive a form summary of your giving, from our Accounting Dept at the end of the year.
CAN I GET UPDATES ON MY RESIDENT DURING THEIR YEAR?
- Yes! when you donate, you will be given the option to sign up for monthly updates.
Have another question not answered here?
- Send a quick email to firstname.lastname@example.org