"At the age of twelve, my life turned completely upside down."
I was born and raised in a small church community in Pearl City, Hawaii.
The church community I was born and raised into had gone through a major split and that was a catalyst for a lot of God’s movement in my life.
During this time, I learned to listen and encourage my friends around me who were struggling to grasp onto Jesus. I really learned to dig deep and to cling to God in these moments. His presence in my life has been a constant because of my family and their faith.
My parents were always involved in ministry and their example has always reminded me that He is faithful through it all.
In 2006, our family moved from Hawaii to Austin, Texas, and despite my rebellion, His grace upon my life has always been a constant.
There has always been a call on my life to love Jesus and people and it is my passion to champion others who have struggled to hold onto the Anchor because He has always held onto me.
I am a life that has been transformed from the inside out and my hope is one day to be the face of Jesus to the people of the Pacific Islands and Asia. My people.
Through this residency, I will gain the experience and leadership qualities that will help to catapult the work that Jesus is trying to accomplish through each and every one of us who were called on this earth “to be the salt of the earth”.
+ Once you're set up, click on REFERENCE, choose the RESIDENT's Name for your one time or reoccurring gift.
CASSIA's Residency goalS
To learn how to build and equip a culture of authentic community within the Church
To explore what vocational ministry could look like for me
To get training in vocal, team leadership, and production
To learn the skills of church leadership and influence to take back to my people in Hawaii
WHAT IS A RESIDENCY?
THE SHORELINE MUSIC RESIDENCY IS A ONE YEAR, SUPPORT RAISED PROGRAM FOR WORSHIP LEADERS WHO WANT TO GROW IN BOTH THE SPIRITUAL AND PRACTICAL IMPLICATIONS OF THEIR MINISTRY.
This program provides leadership experience and pastoral growth as well as musical, theological and character development. In addition to being a part of our team, residents get hands on experience advancing their craft, leading teams, rubbing shoulders with high-capacity leadership, and are paired with a Shoreline Music worship leader in a mentor-type relationship that helps foster personalized growth throughout the year.
How long is the residency
- Shoreline Music Residency last 12 full months.
What happens post-residency
- After the Resident completes their full 12 months with Shoreline Music, they are packaged with a lengthy resume and portfolio to catapult them into their next season of life. Select Residents will be reviewed for hire if the position and opportunity arises.
Can I mail in a check to support the resident?
- Yes! Please make checks out to "Shoreline Church" and put your resident's name in the Memo (ie. Cassia Flores- Shoreline Resident)
IS MY DONATION TAX DEDUCTIBLE?
- YES! All donations and monthly contributions are tax deductible. You will receive a form summary of your giving, from our Accounting Dept at the end of the year.
CAN I GET UPDATES ON MY RESIDENT DURING THEIR YEAR?
- Yes! when you donate, you will be given the option to sign up for monthly updates.
Have another question not answered here?
- Send a quick email to email@example.com